I’m just a few hours away from starting my journey to Oslo to play as part of allEars festival. I’ll be playing Saturday night as part of a quartet with Andreas Røysum and Voicehandler, as well as potentially some other performances around the area. Hope to see some friendly-albeit-unfamiliar faces there!
It’s the end of 2017 (and the start of this blog), so I thought it would be worth summarising my highlights for the year. These included:
– Releasing my debut bass clarinet record, which was included in Music Australia’s Top Experimental Music Releases of 2017
– Receiving an invitation to attend allEars Festival 2018 in Oslo, Norway
– Performing as part of Tura New Music’s inaugural Audible Edge Festival
– Performing in the 2017 iteration of Dark Matter Festival
– Participating in HalfStrange’s sister festival Bungsound
– Performing Samuel Dunscombe’s premier of his piece “Small Infinities Together”
as part of the Argonaut Clarinet Orchestra at the Bendigo International Festival of Exploratory Music
And most recently performing as part of Sound of the Mountain‘s (Elizabeth Millar and Craig Pederson) residency at Spectrum Project Space. I performed as Temporary Autonomous Zion, my noise collaboration with Sage Pbbbt, and will be performing again on the 29th, providing a public Shabbat ceremony and playing bass clarinet pieces.
Here’s to a fantastic 2018!